Hello! Fashion blogger, journalist and student Enya, the PR Girl/Designer for Brand EJMFashion had a chat with me a month ago to talk about fashion, style, editors and all the latest on fashion week and designers...here's my first interview with her!

Hi! My first question is:
What is this years theme for your collection?

Hi
Well for a start off in winter,I have brought in a different twist. It's called Boy meets girl! It's about tailoring. From trousers, brogues, shirts, long coats & waistcoats. I really enjoy making this part of the collection. Apart from that I have added coats and more different shapes, cuts of dresses.

The SS12 Pre collection is quite funky & girly . It's all full of colour and stripes. I got the idea, from my childhood clothes. From the stripy tights etc. You will have to wait and see! :).

Are there any designers that you get inspired by?

I must say the first time I created my collection, back in september 2009. The first person was VB. She had just launches herher collection too. I had a look on her website. I loved due to the fact that it's was so simple but stylish & timeless!

However I have always been inspired by Karl Lagerfield Chanel, the lovely lady Stella McCartney. Along with amazing British designer Alexander McQueen. I must say Sarah Burton has done a fabulous take over of the label.  


As your going to be in NY for NY fashion Week, what are u hoping to be expecting?
 
Well I have seen some of the Pre collections, from Stella McCartney to Yves Saint Laurent.

I'm expecting to see a bit of urban polish (colourful stripes & florals), pretty pastels with luxe finishes, a lot of femininity and colourful mixture & block colour.  I would expect Mr. Marc Jacobs to feature  Military influences with a brocade flourish.
 

Are you going to be attending catwalk event during ur stay at NY during NY fashion week?

At any Fashion Week, some of the shows do a reception before the show. Especially the night shows. However Fashion Night out is the major event. My schedule is based around the shows. However they also add in presentations, which last more than an hour. It just depends on the timing of the show. * tip* Always take your press kit at an end of a show. The PR of the designer works hard to make the press kits.

Do any another blogs inspire you? Did they inspire u to become a blogger?


When I first start blogging my inspiration was Liberty London Girl and still is today. She is a great blogger! I'm a daily reader of her blog

My other inspiration was DKNY PR GIRL. She is the voice of DKNY! I'm also a daily reader of her blog.


Which designer and editor would you ever dream to meet?

I really would like to meet Karl Lagerfeld because he is very unique. You always see him appear at the end of the catwalk shows.

I would really like to meet Anna  Wintour. She also sits on the front row, turning up looking fab at every show.


So we've talked about blogging, designers, editors and style! And speaking of style, what is your unique style?

My style. Is something whats comfortable, however it's in that current season. During the day I normal wear something that is either a day dress, skinny jeans,blazer etc.

When I do out I wear dress and heels. I love it when it comes to winter! I can wear my scarf,'hunter boots, long coat.


And one final question: What future to you hope for your brand EJMFashion?

The future of my Label EJMfashion, is looking bright. I have just completed my SS12 collection. Along with that this year the label is celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary. Thank you for the interview, it's been a pleasure answering your questions.


Your welcome! It was an honour to interview you!!! :)

To go on Enya's blog, go to: www.ejmfashion2011.blogspot.com


Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Pin This Email This

One Comment

  1. I am one of the co-founders of a new social network website that is based on fashion. It is called Outfit Hive and it's a place where people can upload their own looks and styles and also browse for inspiration. We have only just launched a couple of days ago, and we are still developing the website, but we know it will be very successful. We are currently emailing all fashion bloggers and stylists as very soon we will be looking for a stylist/blogger of the month. If you are interested please get in touch as we would like to hear more from you.
    You can set up a profile today and advertise your own blog ect by sharing a link on your profile.
    www.outfithive.com
    Also if you go to our facebook page and like it:
    www.facebook.com/outfithive
    we will be able to keep in touch with you about the opportunity to get yourself on the website as a stylist in the very near future.
    We look forward to hearing from you,
    Ruth
    OH! Director

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.